Monday, February 12, 2007

Oh, just one more thing...

I had the pleasure this weekend of the company of a fellow poker podcaster, formerly a fixture of the sadly now-defunct Card Club on Lord Admiral Radio and now the best part (imho) of the popular and entertaining Ante Up! show - yes, the man they call Columbo.

I got in touch with Columbo when I heard that the Lord Admiral show was shutting down, to offer him a slot on our poker podcast, but the Ante Up chaps were a little quicker of the mark and secured his services before we'd even got our bid on the table... Anyhow, I told him how much I liked his mysteries, and said to drop me a line if he came to London, which is how he found himself drinking cocktails and eating curry with myself, the Zogster, Jonny NoShuffle and Keithy-guy on Friday night.

Stevie, our usual host on Friday nights, had a long-standing prior engagement driving on frozen lakes in Sweden, otherwise we might have been able to offer our guest the experience of sitting down to play in the home game.

Instead he had to suffer a Soho variant of a typical British night out (drinks in a bar instead of a pub and a slightly ponced-up Indian meal in place of a proper curry...), with quite a lot of chat about information technology, too much about politics, and nowhere near enough about poker...

No raincoat, which was a little disappointing.

No comments: